My Succes Journal and Notes of Interest

A Documentary Log of My Experiments with Lifestyle, Goals, and Aspirations

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Tuesday

Day One

Posted by Joshua Enfield

Physical
I went for a run, that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I utilized H.I.I.T.(High Intensity Interval Training) When I run now, it is more or less to experience the moment. I tried to run until the pain in my muscles, and the lack of oxygen forced me to forget all my capability to worry about trifles of things I have been thinking about. I did not quite accomplish this. It was raining and fairly cold. I enjoyed the rain, running in it was fun. After the run I stretched, did 20 push ups and took a nice hot shower. After wards my mind was very serene and clear. I still found myself trying to come up with more things to think about, but I managed to stop myself (news, face book, etc.)

Mental
After my exercise I went through a guided meditation at http://www.learningmeditation.com/room.htm

I found the audio files to of very good quality. I achieved a very highly serene calm state after one of the 10 minute exercises. I believe I should do this more or for more duration.

Spiritual
My spiritual inquiries are calm, and at rest at the moment.

Emotional
After exercise and meditation, I put off homework for a little while, but I eventually managed to settle down and focus. Concentration came without too much effort. My mind was clear and concerns of the future did not bother me during this time. I accomplished just under half of my Physics Assignment, but this is very complex material so I am very satisfied. My emotions were well managed.

Today was a success.

0 comments: